Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday 2/23/11

Had a crazy busy day at work today with tons of customers and having to do some inventory work, which I will have to finish up tomorrow. I walked over to Subway and got my standard foot long tuna. When I got back to the store I took a bite or two then set the sub down on a table and put three water bottles in front of it so Gus, our owner's dog, would not get to it. I walk back in 5 min. later and somehow Gus had gotten on the table and eaten 3/4 of the sub with the rest all over on the floor. I went to clean up the mess and he bit me on my left hand! I instantly reared back to knock his head off, but I didn't since...you know...it is the owner's dog. About 10 minutes later he peed on the sales floor! Needless to say Jeremy and Susan freaked out over both instances and brought him home and gave me some medicine for the bite wound. Gus is usually the friendliest dog, but I guess being 14 years old he is a little unpredictable now. Around 5pm I drove to The Little Miami River Trail for a tempo run. I have not run hard for more than 3 miles, but I was in the mood to go a little farther. I did an out and back 7 miles in 45:05 (6:26 pace). Mile splits were 6:45, 6:29, 6:24, 6:24, 6:16, 6:23, 6:21. I have not run this hard for this long in quite a while, so I am pretty happy with it. Maybe getting bit by a dog helps out! We had chili for the third night in a row tonight, but it looks like we are finally running out. Looks like Friday will be another day to experiment for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment