Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday 2/21/11

Woke up today to cold rainy weather. I enjoyed it by drinking coffee and watching the Daytona 500 (dvr'd from yesterday). I have to say it was a pretty exciting race. Over 60 lead changes, that is crazy. I headed out for my run at 4pm, about 38 degrees and pouring down rain. I headed down Madison Rd. and went to the overlook at Eden Park and came back the same way with an extra loop around the block. Total was 8 miles in 56:05 (7:01 pace). I did 22 hilly miles in two runs this weekend, it was cold and raining, and my legs had more bounce in them than they have had in over a week...strange. This week I plan on attempting my first 60 mile week in 6 years. If I feel like I did today for the rest of the week it will be a piece of cake. After the run I made my second attempt at cooking chili. It was good the first time, just missed a little "kick." I made one change and I have to say, it was AWESOME this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment