Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday 2/2/11

There are not a lot of weather conditions I can't stand to run in. Extreme cold and extreme heat are not always fun. Rain, snow, sleet and ice are not always ideal. The one condition though which I can not stand is wind. Today the temperature was about 28 degrees, 25 mph steady winds with gusts of 40 mph. I finally decided that if I was going to run in these conditions I was going to do something new. I drove 30 minutes south to Burlington, KY to England/Idlewild Park to run the trails that my first race on February 19th will be on. After I get there I notice a sign by the trailhead that says "Trail closed due to poor conditions." I walk a little on the trail to see that it is a solid sheet of ice! For once I listened to instructions, because this run would not have ended well. I drove 30 minutes back home, drank another cup of coffee and headed to work. I thought about going on a night run when I got home, but food sounded much more appealing. Time to watch last night's Tosh.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment