Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday 2/4/11

Had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, but managed to get out the door around 9am for a 5-6 mile run. It was 18 degrees, but not windy at all. It was not a good run from the beginning. I felt sluggish and overall tired. On top of this when I was running past Winthrow High School on Madison I came up on 5 kids who obviously went to school there, pretty ghetto. They yelled at me as I was coming towards them, so I yelled back and hit one of their shoulders. Who are they to yell in public at people they don't know. It really gets me going to say the least. I know I shouldn't do this with these ghetto high schoolers because they could have knives or guns on them, but whatever. I cut the run short because of how bad I felt, only did 4 miles in 30:33 (7:38 pace). On my way home from work I decided to take a "shortcut" to pick up some dinner for Carrie and I at Noodles and Co. This shortcut turned into me getting lost for 30 minutes, awesome. It is supposed to snow 2-3 inches tonight/tomorrow morning which will make tomorrow's training team run from the store interesting. I am really looking forward to Sunday's run, going to be a hoot!

2 comments:

  1. ... as ghetto as running the "Trinity college" loop?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Meghan, not nearly as ghetto as the Trinity College loop! That was so ghetto that we were told "not to run the Trinity College loop" anymore! That was the perfect loop because no matter what everybody would keep up the pace...since if one person fell off we would probably never see them again :-)

    ReplyDelete