Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday 2/13/11

I woke up at 6am looking forward to meeting the Sunday crew at the Coffee Emporium in Hyde Park at 7am. My excitement died about a mile into the run. There were four of us running together, myself and another guy on the sidewalk and the other two guys on the road. I started getting light headed and seeing spots. I even ran into a branch on the sidewalk because I didn't see it! We came back through Oakley Square and I was feeling like I was going to pass out, so I let the guys know I was going to turn and head back to the Coffee Emporium. I got to 4 miles (about a half mile from my car) and I started walking. I had slowed to an 8:30 pace and there was no point running anymore. I knew immediately it was because I had not eaten much in the previous 36 hours (did not have time at work yesterday to eat lunch). I could feel my blood sugar level was low since I was craving chocolate or anything sweet. I headed straight to Dunkin Donuts! I basically inhaled 5 donuts and felt much better. I think running 52 miles this past week, most miles I have run in 4 years, may have added to the overall fatigue. We had a staff meeting from 10am-12pm, then worked the store until 5pm, then we had a clinic for the Team Challenge peeps until 6:30pm (again without eating lunch becase of how busy we were, but does make the day go by fast). I was exhausted and starving, and when I got home the best girlfriend ever was grilling salmon! Salmon, steamed veggies, and couscous, HIT THE SPOT! I have to give a shout out to everybody (Andy, Gerry, Jason, Kristin, Ann, Rachel, Tony, etc) who ran the Mardi Gras marathon this morning! An extra shout out to Andy Koziatek...2:30:02!!! So close to getting that elusive 2:29:59. Keep at it buddy, 2:30 will be way behind you in no time.Only 6 days until my first race of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment