Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday 2/3/11

After drinking a cup of coffee and having an english muffin and eggs for breakfast I forced myself out of the door for a run. It was a pretty day, but cold with a temperature of 20 and a windchill of 14. Even though I was not looking forward to this run, I ended up feeling really good. I headed out to O'Bryonville and came back on Fairfax which is kind of ghetto. I then turned right and ran down Observatory to Delta, hung a left and came back down Erie. Ran through Hyde Park Square then back home for a total of 8 miles in 57:29 (7:11 pace). Even though it was cold, I warmed up fast...the gloves were off at 3 miles. What 7:30-7:45 pace was feeling like is now what 7:00-7:15 pace feels like which is GOOD! I had a pretty interesting day at work. First I met a lady who is from Metairie and graduated with my cousin Terri from Grace King High School in 1977. Then I met a girl who came in to join our training team run and she told me her and her husband just moved here from Portland, OR where they have lived for the past 8 years. It ends up they lived in the same neighborhood that I worked in out there! I got her contact info because they are into live music as Carrie and I are. I am going to see if they can come with us to see Josh Ritter in 2 weeks. I still need to see about getting Galactic tickets for that same week. Since they are playing 1/2 mile from where we live there is no reason I shouldn't go!

No comments:

Post a Comment