Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday 2/7/11

What a gorgeous day today! Well, if you like 35 degrees with rain slowly turning to snow. I went to the grocery first thing this morning (by first thing I mean 11:00am) to get supplies for dinner tonight. At noon I headed out for what I was planning to be a 4-5 miler at an easy 7:30 pace. I assumed my legs would be pretty tired from the 15 miler yesterday, plus the cold rain wouldn't be very pleasant. So much for assumptions! The first mile was an easy 7:26, but I gradually got faster and ended up at 6:48 for the last mile. In all it was 5 miles in 35:31 (7:06 pace). The cold rain actually felt good and I wanted to keep going, but I am attempting to be smart. Thursday I plan on doing a pretty hard run and I want to be a little rested for it. After the run I headed over to Clifton to relax/do some reading at a coffee shop called Baba Budans, awesome place! It may rival Coffee Emporium as my favorite coffee shop in Cincinnati. As for dinner, I attempted for the first time to make Pork Chop Casserole. It was pretty good, but not perfect. I know what I did wrong and it will be stellar next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment