Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday 1/5/11

I had off work today so I woke up around 7:45am and drank a pot of coffee while watching Sportscenter and CNN...not a bad morning at all. I took about an hour and drove around some parts of town scoping out some places to run, but sadly the places I drove ended up being pretty ghetto. Later in the afternoon I headed out for my first long run of the year. I ran about 5 miles of the Flying Pig course then tacked on some more miles through the neighborhoods around the house. About 3 miles in I passed a couple thugged out high school kids. They yelled some stupid comments at me as I passed them from behind and I blew it off. I turned around about a mile later and  came up on them. Let's just say I scared them a little with some comments of my own. No respect for runners. Ended up running 9 miles in 1:07:07-7:27 pace. You know you are getting used to colder weather when it is 34 degrees and there is no need for gloves or a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment