Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday 1/19/11

Worked until 3:00pm today then headed to Otto Armleder Park for my first speed workout in months. There are a lot of soccer fields in this park including three that are back to back to back. After a 2 mile warmup I marked a 400m distance across these fields and decided to run 10x400m with 90 seconds rest. There was a slight headwind going one way which made it a little easier running back the other way. I have to say, running 400's back and forth goes by a lot faster than on the track. The soft, wet grass hopefully will help develop some leg strength so later in the year when I get on the track I will be able to hit some solid workouts. My times were (1:23, 1:23, 1:25, 1:23, 1:23, 1:23, 1:25, 1:24, 1:25, 1:24). I jogged half a mile for a cooldown and headed home to an awesome dinner! The great white death is approaching again, supposed to snow about 6 inches tomorrow. It is wild how this city not only shuts down when it snows, but it pretty much shuts down the day before it snows. I may actually bust my snowshoes out tomorrow and go on a little jog in them at Ault Park. Time to watch American Idol...sooooo excited, and by excited I mean it is going to be horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment