Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday 1/4/11

Woke up today and didn't do too much. Headed to the grocery for some supplies then went out for a run around 1pm. Decided to try a sort of tempo run since I haven't gone under 7:00 pace in forever. Have to start somewhere right? I did 6 miles: first 3 miles easy and second 3 miles a little faster. Splits were 7:42, 7:42, 7:30, 6:38, 6:28, 6:42. It felt really good until the last half mile which was straight into a headwind. Next week if the weather is ok I may head to a track for a workout. At work this evening we had our first half-marathon/marathon training run for Flying Pig. I am guessing we had about 80 people there which made it pretty fun. I won't find out what group or distance I will be coaching until this coming week most likely. Time to watch the second half of the Sugar Bowl...hopefully Arkansas can comeback to take down this Big Ten team!

No comments:

Post a Comment