Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday 1/20/11

Woke up to the beginning of a pretty bad snowstorm. I just bummed around the house since work was cancelled. Carrie's office closed at 1:00pm so everybody could beat the evning commute, so she came home and worked from here. I headed out for a run around 3:00pm, right in the middle of the worst part of the storm. I decided to do a different first mile through Oakley, then the usual route up near Ault Park, back down to Mt. Lookout Square, back up to Erie and Hyde Park Square, and back to the house. Total was 6 miles (47:08-7:51 pace). In the same conditions last week I did 5.5 miles at 8:17 pace, but felt WAY better today. Just past the first mile I made a right turn from Wasson Rd. onto Paxton Rd. I must have stepped on some ice and needless to say, I bit it pretty hard. Thank goodness the cars had a red light because I was laying right in the intersection. After the run I was craving a chocolate shake, so I headed to the United Dairy Farmers store. I picked up two shakes for Carrie and I along with some Sam Adams. Nothing like chocolate shakes and beer during a snowstorm! Here is a picture of our street after I finished my run with the side of the abode on the left side.

2 comments:

  1. Its always fun to run in the snow, even if you bite it every once in a while. As you know, there's a certain wooden bridge in Forest Park that got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, just past BPA heading away from Germantown if my memory serves me right.

    ReplyDelete