Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday 3/8/11

Went to Panera this morning to eat, drink coffee, and do some reading. Took a short drive to Otto Armleder Park where I have done some workouts on the soccer fields and saw it was completely under water from the Little Miami River flooding. That was pretty crazy to see. I then went and chopped off my hair hoping it would make me more aerodynamic. On my run at Clear Creek Park I felt surprisingly good again. The 1.8 mile grass loop gets pretty boring, but it is so much easier on the legs...and the toe for that matter. After 4 miles my toe actually stopped hurting. I took that as a good sign and continued on for a total of 7 miles in 47:40 (6:48 pace). The bruising on the toe/foot has spread, but the swelling has gone down a bit which I think is helping as far as the running goes. Carrie and I met four of her friends from work for dinner at an Indian restaurant in Hyde Park Plaza tonight. Ashley is from Chicago and Ben, Rhiannon, and Oli (I think his real name is Oliver) are from Britain. Needless tos to say all the British accents and sayings were cracking us up. I learned that "dodgy" means "sketchy" or "shady." Overall a good day. Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment