Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Monday 3/21/11

I lounged around the house until it was time to go to work at 11am. Work was way more busy than I expected, which means it went by very fast while also making us exhausted. I stayed 30 min. late to help out with some stuff then headed home to change and run. I got to Clear Creek Park around 8pm and there was a little daylight left. After one loop it was completely dark (no lights in these fields). I busted out my trusty headlamp and went for another loop. All the way in the back fields I was running along the treeline and whenever I shined my headlamp in the brush I could see tons of sets of eyes shining right back at me! It was pretty freaky when one of them busted out of the bushes and started running along side of me, but luckily it was just a rabbit. I must have seen 10 sets of eyes in that half mile stretch. I ran 4 miles in a slow 32:04 (8:01 pace). My hip/groin was hurting a lot worse today than yesterday...not a good sign at all. Once I got home I showered and walked down to Oakley Pub and Grill for a burger and some brews. My buddy from work Robert met me down there and we hung out on the patio for a bit, then decided to walk down to another bar called Animations. This is the bar to go to if you want to shoot pool. Overall a pretty solid day. Here is a photo of the view on my run with the headlamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment