Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday 3/13/11

Woke up at 8:00am (felt like 7:00am...dumb time change) and left to drive to Clear Creek Park for a run. After I got in my car I realized because of the time change I would have enough daylight to run after work, so I went back inside, made a pot of coffee and watched CNN and Sportscenter. Carrie's parents came over around 10:30am and we all headed to Panera for breakfast. Work was really slow the first hour, not normal for a Sunday. We figured it was because people probably forgot to change their clocks. Drew, who I work with and lives near Clear Creek Park, told me today it was now completely under water from the flooding. That is crazy to me since 5 days ago I ran there and it was totally dry. I was determined to start back training today no matter how much my toe hurt. I took a box cutter and cut a hole in the outside of the toe box of my shoe to give my swollen pinkie toe a little room to...well, be swollen. I headed down to Hyde Park Square then down Linwood to Mt. Lookout Square and back up Delta. I then headed down Erie to Brotherton and back to Oakley Square and the house. Total was 6.2 miles in 46:13 (7:27 pace). The toe didn't hurt too bad, but I could tell I haven't run much recently. Here is a picture of my shoe after taking the box cutter to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment