Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday 3/7/11

Happy Lundi Gras to everybody back home! Even my parents are in on the action...they sent me a photo from the French Quarter today. I pretty much bummed around, and when the temps warmed up I headed to Clifton to hang out at Sitwell's Coffee Shop. Pretty eclectic crowd in Clifton, probably since it is right next to the Unversity of Cincinnati. After that I headed to Clear Creek Park to attempt a run on my messed up toe. With the help of some tape and multiple advils I managed 4 miles on the grass fields in 28:38 (7:09 pace). Other than my toe hurting I felt really good. I had to cross a blacktop path a few times, and every step I took on it with my right foot I thought my toe was going to crack. On the grass it was tolerable, so I guess I will be spending a lot of time at this park in the next couple days. Here is something funny I saw in a book today about running:

Rule 1.2-Expand Your Definition of Fun

For runners this may include:
-waking up at 5:30am to run 10 miles
-running in blistering heat
-running in the rain
-running in 400m circles
-feeling as if your lungs are about to explode
-paying a race director good money for the privilege of turning your own toes black and blue
-any combination of the above

No comments:

Post a Comment