Monday, August 1, 2011

Week of 7/24-7/30

Sunday-0 miles: Just went to work in Newport and hung with the lady in the evening.

Monday-11.5 miles: AM-7 miles (48:58-6:58 pace) on the bike path around 11am. Felt pretty good. Thought about going a bit farther, but knew I was running again this afternoon so decided not to. PM-4.5 miles (32:49-7:17 pace) after work at Clear Creek dodging soccer games the whole way. Felt pretty good for my first two-a-day.

Tuesday-7 miles: Went to Ft. Thomas for a track workout with a solid group, seven of us I believe. The workout called for 2 sets of 400m at 75-77 with a 400m jog rest between reps and 4 minutes between sets. I did the first set all in 77, then after the 4 minute rest did the 7th in 75. I then started struggling and ran 79, 82, and 81. I called it quits then and did a 1.5 mile cooldown. Not where I want to be, but much better than last week.

Wednesday-0 miles: off, tired and sore.

Thursday-10 miles (1:12:46-7:16 pace): Went to Lunken Airport to run for the first time around 9am. It was already near 90 degrees. The problem I quickly learned about this flat 5 mile loop on a bike path is that there is NO SHADE. I did the first loop in 36:38 and the second loop in 36:08. I was planning on going 12-13, but it was way too hot out there. I doubt I will be back out there until it cools off a bit.

Friday-7.5 miles (54:12-7:13 pace): Ran at 8am before work because my dad is driving up from Louisiana to hang out with us for a long weekend. When they got here around 8pm he said he had a surprise for me from home that is is the back of the truck in the camper top. He said it started with a "C" so of course I was thinking crawfish or boiled crabs. He opens the back door and my brother Craig pops out and scares the crap out of me. Good one dad. We then started drinking beer, and lots of it.

Saturday-0 miles: Carrie and I took my dad and Craig around town to the Findlay Market, then to Hofbrauhaus in Newport, KY. This place is awesome! I will be coming back here to drink one of the huge one liter steins. Had dinner at Terry's Turf Club, the best burger joint in Cincinnati. They were actually on "Diner, Drive-Ins, and Dives" a while back..here is the video from that show. One of the best burgers I have ever had.

Totals
Miles: 36
Time: 4:17:52

No comments:

Post a Comment