Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week of 7/17-7/23

Sunday-0 miles: Felt like I needed to give my knee a break after 5 straight days of running.

Monday-7 miles: Went to Clear Creek Park for some grass running. Covered 6.5 miles in 46:50 (7:12 pace) followed by 8x100 barefoot strides. Ran at 3:50pm and it was pretty hot out. This was the only time I could get the run in  though, so I considered it time spent working on my tan.

Tuesday-6 miles: Went to Ft. Thomas, KY for a track workout with co-worker Marc. At 7:30pm when we started it was still 95 degrees! I decided to attempt his workout with him, even though I doubted I could finish it. After a 1.5 mile warmup we did 1,000m (3:27), jogged 100m then did 3x200m also with 100m jog recoveries in 38, 39, and 40 seconds. We jogged 400m then repeated this. The second set we ran the 1,000m in 3:22 then 3x200m in 39, 39, and 38. After jogging another 400m I paced Marc for the first lap of his 3rd 1,000m in 80 seconds then I stopped. It has beena long time sinceI have done a workout with that short of recoveries. I added some barefoot strides on the football field and did a 2 mile cooldown. These Tuesday evening workouts at 7:30pm in Ft. Thomas are going to be a weekly tradition from now on. Running with faster people can only make you faster!

Wednesday-9 miles: AM-Did an easy 4 mile loop from the house in 29:58 (7:29 pace) then headed into work. After work I went to Clear Creek for a 4.5 mile run in 32:28 (7:12 pace) and 8x100 barefoot strides. 86 degree weather felt like air conditioning!

Thursday-9 miles (1:03:21-7:02 pace): Went to the bike path in Newtown just after 9am and could not believe how hot it already was. When I finished it was 90 degrees with a heat index of 102 degrees! After the turnaround at 4.5 miles I looked like I had jumped into a swimming pool. The scale said I lost 4.5 pounds on this run...awesome. I did manage a 6:49 and 6:44 last 2 miles without even realizing I was picking up the pace.

Friday-4.75 miles: Went to Clear Creek and ran 4.5 miles in 32:36 followed by four strides. I wanted to watch the Tour live this morning since it was the last mountain stage and I didn't have to work until 3pm. This meant I had to run at 1pm when there was a heat index of 110 degrees, dumb. At least the sprinklers were shooting out on the soccer fields!

Saturday-0 miles: Worked until a little after 5pm then we had the Arpin's and Hadaways over for dinner. Good times, especially my choice in youtube videos. Carrie loves watching youtube.

Totals
Miles-35.75
Time-4:15:15
-Not nearly as many miles as I wanted to get, but the heat made it pretty difficult. Hopefully the temps will drop a bit next week and I can get some longer runs in. Hopefully next week I will be able to get 50 miles in with a better effort on the track on Tuesday. On a side note, anybody who is interested in reading a hilarious blog check out my friend Brian Gregg's take on being a first time dad at age 45. It is HYSTERICAL! I think my favorite line so far is: "I haven’t glanced at one parenting magazine. If something goes wrong with my kid, I can Google it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment