Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week of 4/24-4/30

Sunday-9 miles: Headed to Mt. Airy in the early afternoon for some fun in the mud. I did one of the usual loops, got a swallow of water and explored one of the cut through trails which worked out very well. This is my first long run since starting back and it felt pretty good.

Monday-5 miles: Warm 77 degrees out this afternoon, love it. Headed to Mt. Airy after work for more hilly mud running. Legs were a little tight/sore from the longer excursion yesterday. Overall a pretty nice recovery run.

Tuesday-0 miles: Legs are pretty tired and the weather is horrible, so I decided to take a day off. Worked late and hit the hay pretty soon after getting home.

Wednesday-10 miles:Beautiful day today and I didn't have to go to work...perfect combination! Another trail run at Mt. Airy, actually decided to do the normal loop backwards. It is amazing when running a trail in the opposite direction how different everything is. I even took a wrong turn and added on some mileage that I had not planned on doing totalling 7.5 miles. I headed over to the track afterwards and jogged a mile, did some drills, then some strides, then jogged another mile for another 2.5 miles.

Thursday-0 miles: Took off today, legs are pretty sore from basically running twice yesterday.

Friday-0 miles: Another rest day, thinking about running on the road after work tomorrow for the first time since mid-March.

Saturday-6 miles: First road run in forever. Ran through O'Bryonville and back then through Oakley Square and back home for 6 miles in 41:07 (splits were 7:08, 6:57, 6:57, 6:49, 6:36, 6:37). I haven't run faster than 8:30/mile pace on the trails, but it obviously builds strength! Back to the trails tomorrow.

Totals
Miles: 30
Time: 4:14:44
-Ran one more day than last week and finally got some decent runs in. Looking forward to doing more of the same next week, hopefully 5 runs and about 35 miles. Here is a photo of the most expensive running shoe I have ever put on my foot, the Mizuno Prophecy. I will say, I have never worn a shoe that felt like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment