Monday, May 23, 2011

Week of 5/15-5/21

Sunday-12 miles: AM-Headed to Mt. Airy for my first trail race, a very low key 120 person 5.4 mile race in very sloppy conditions. After a 2 mile warm up we hit the trail. I ended up finishing 10th overall averaging 7:58 pace, pretty good considering everybody was sliding all over the place in the mud due to rain that had fallen the previous day. PM-Did an additional 4.5 miles around the neighborhood just before dinner. Shins are sore, but feeling pretty good otherwise.

Monday-10 miles: After work I was not in the best mood (fairly rare for me) and decided to head to the Little Miami River Trail, fairly flat with only 460 feet of elevation change). Ended up having a solid run with splits of: 7:11, 7:05, 7:06, 7:02, 6:46, 6:43, 6:43, 6:32, 6:27, 6:17 for a 6:47 average. I was shocked at how good I felt, especially since I went at 7:00/mile effort for the first 7 miles. Great run, but it may be the last of the week since we are headed to Florida for a couple days.

Tuesday-0 miles: Bad weather, work, and packing for vacation.

Wednesday-0 miles: Flew to Orlando and went to Hollywood Studios for the afternoon/evening.

Thursday-0 miles: Animal Kingdom the first half of the day, sat by the pool for a while relaxing, then headed to Downtown Disney for dinner and drinks.

Friday-0 miles: Magic Kingdom all day, then took a ferry to the Fort Wilderness Lodge for dinner, then back to the hotel for 10 hours of sleep.

Saturday-0 miles: Epcot from 9am-7pm, then took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom for some more rides and the Projection/Firework show. I have to say, the Projection show they did on the castle was one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely amazing how they do that.

Totals:
Miles: 22
Time: 2:43:53
-Only two days of running due to vacation, which is fine with me. We were walking the parks for 10-12 hours a day which I consider cross training...sort of. The two days of running were pretty solid though, so now it is back to the grind. Congrats to Michael Burke for finishing his first 50 mile race out in Washington coming in 8th place overall with a time of 7:21:44. That is just motivation for me to get the trail miles up! Here are two photos I took with my phone at Disney. The first is on the Test Track at Epcot when we got up to 64.8 mph in this little car! We may have rode it more than once :-) The second is of Carrie going through the door of our Toy Story themed hotel.


No comments:

Post a Comment