Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week of 5/8-5/14

Sunday-6 miles: Brad Bullock came by the store when we closed so we could do a run around Blue Ash and Montgomery. He ran for Northern Kentucky University and is an assistant coach at Fairfield High School. It looks like I will also be an assistant coach there for cross country in the fall. He said they are expecting about 40 boys and 40 girls on the cross team, so it should be a lot of fun.

Monday-5 miles: Headed to Clear Creek Park for a morning run in the tall wet grass. Felt very sluggish and achy for whatever reason. I am loving this warmer weather!

Tuesday-6 miles: Bought a pair of Asics Nimbus 13's today, and they felt GREAT on the road. The weather was great...80 degrees has never been so enjoyable. I could do with a little less humidity, but it beats the rain we have had all spring.

Wednesday-0 miles: Took today off to rest up.

Thursday-9.5 miles: Headed back to Mt. Airy for a longer trail run. For the first time in forever, it was almost completely dry! About 7 miles in I clipped a rock and I went flying off the edge of the trail. I ended up banging both my knees on rocks causing one of them to bleed pretty bad. I walked for a couple minutes, then continued running (only had 2 miles left). Later in the evening I headed to Ault Park to throw the football with fellow Fleet Feeter Drew and my left knee was about twice as big as my left knee. Awesome.

Friday-0 miles: Knee is still very swollen.

Saturday-0 miles: One more day of resting knee. Trail race at Mt. Airy tomorrow!

Totals
Miles: 26
Time: 3:21:00
-Did not get a lot of miles in with only four runs because of the fall I took on the trails on Thursday. I was hoping to get close to 40 miles, and next week I won't be running much because Carrie and I are headed to Florida for 5 days. The trail race tomorrow will be a good test, especially since it will be plenty muddy from the rain we have had on Friday and Saturday. Here is a picture when I got back to my car after the run that I fell on.

No comments:

Post a Comment