Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week of 5/1-5/7

Sunday-3 miles: Went down to the 11 mile mark of the Flying Pig Marathon to run with various people from Hyde Park Square up the Paxton Rd. hill and back. Also went down to the 22 mile mark at the Fleet Feet cheering section to run with people again. Hit up IKEA afterwards for some bedroom furniture. Mr. Allen, I curse you for inventing the allen wrench!

Monday-9.5 miles: Headed to Mt. Airy around noon for a tough, muddy run. For whatever reason I felt like I was struggling, especially on another trail I attempted to "explore" which turned out to be a death march coming back up through the muddy, rocky valley. Note to self, do not take that right turn again.

Tuesday-0 miles: Took today off, pretty tired from yesterdays run.

Wednesday-5.5 miles: The roofers showed up pretty early to finish our roof. I decided since I did not have to work until noon to venture to French Park for some muddy trail running on new trails. There are not a lot of trails in this park, but they are pretty technical. I even had to cross through ankle deep creeks about 8 times which was kind of fun. At work tonight Jeff Galloway came to speak and I have to say he is a really good speaker. Bad part is I didn't get home from work until 10pm, but it's all good.

Thursday-6 miles: Once again I didn't have to work until noon, so I decided to cut the grass in the backyard, then go on a run on the roads from the house. It was such a nice morning I had to take advantage of it.

Friday-0 miles: Worked from open-close then headed to The Pub to meet up with Carrie, Rachael, Rusty (aka James, aka Hammer), Kendall, and Ben for drinks and cheese balls. Good times talking about sporadic trips to Vegas and kayaking.

Saturday-11 miles: Headed to the Little Miami River Trail for the first time since my 15 miler on Feb. 25th. I did an out and back 11 miler hoping to run at least 7:15/mile pace. I ended up averaging right at 7:00 pace and felt pretty good doing it. Splits were:
1-7:07
2-7:11
3-7:12
4-7:05
5-6:55
6-6:58
7-6:55
8-7:00
9-6:54
10-6:57
11-6:51

Totals
Miles: 35
Time: 4:47:11
-Was able to get 5 days of running in and up the miles a bit. The long run on Saturday felt good, hoping to keep that increasing over the next couple weeks. Here is a photo of me after Monday's trail run at Mt. Airy and another photo from a Starbucks in Kentucky across the Ohio River from Cincy (pretty cool view of the city).


No comments:

Post a Comment