Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week of 5/29-6/4

Sunday-0 miles: After 7 straight days of running on a bum knee it is time to take a day off.

Monday-0 miles: Took today off because Carrie and I were at her Aunt and Uncle's house in Loveland, OH all day stuffing our faces with delicious food. I have not been this full in a long time!

Tuesday-6 miles (43:25-7:14 pace): Went to Clear Creek Park before work for a very hot and humid run. My knee didn't hurt too bad, the two days off seem to have helped a bit.

Wednesday-6 miles (41:51-6:58 pace): Ran at the same time as yesterday, 8:45am, at the same effort and ran quite a bit faster. About 4 miles in an old guy cutting grass on a riding lawn mower stopped me to tell me I shouldn't run along the back treeline because there are coyotes back there. You have to love old timers!

Thursday-6 miles: I attempted my first track workout in 3 months today. After a 2 mile warmup I decided to do 4x800m at 2:50 with 3 min. rest and 4x400m at 80 with 90 sec. rest. I have no clue what shape I am in, so these times seemed attainable. I ran the 800's in 2:48, 2:45, 2:39, 2:35, then two 400's in 74 and 75 which is where I stopped because I was running WAY faster than I had planned. I didn't want to overdue it and hurt myself again. At least now I know where I am and can plan workouts accordingly. Also did a 1.5 mile cooldown. I was jealous of the people barbecuing on the side of the track the whole time.

Friday-0 miles: Knee is pretty sore, along with everything else after yesterday's workout.

Saturday-0 miles: I wanted to run, but decided to rest up for our all day hike in the Red River Gorge tomorrow.

Total:
Miles: 18
Time: 2:06:44
-Pretty lame week mileage wise with only 3 runs. I am happy none of it was on the road and I got my first track workout in. Hopefully this knee issue will go away soon. I am pretty sure it is from the fall I took on the trail at Mt. Airy a couple weeks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment