Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week of 6/5-6/11

Sunday-9 miles-ish hiking: Drew, Jason K., and I headed to the Red River Gorge for some hiking. We left Cincinnati around 6:15am and didn't get back until 9:00pm. Long day, but tons of fun. We even did a little bit of trail running while we were out there! I am not going to count this in my total miles, but it was a great workout.

Monday-6 miles (42:44-7:07 pace): Ran at Clear Creek after work and it was pretty hot, about 90 degrees. It was the first time I have run out there while soccer games were being played. This made the run go by pretty fast since there was actually something to look at.

Tuesday-0 miles: Long day at work and soreness from Sunday is kicking in.

Wednesday-6 miles (42:05-7:01 pace): Ran at Clear Creek again, this time at 8:45am before work. It was not as hot, only 78 degrees, but it was humid as all get out.

Thursday-9 miles: At 9am I went to Seven Hills School for a track workout. After a 1.5 mile warmup I did 10x400m with 90 seconds rest (80,76,74,73,75,75,75,74,72,75). Other than being hot and humid it felt pretty good. I did a 1 mile cooldown and headed to work. 6:30pm-We had our first summer speedwork workout at Fleet Feet which I am helping coach. I just ran easy and totaled about 4 miles.

Friday-0 miles: Spent  the day getting the yard/house ready for my mom to come into town tomorrow.

Saturday-0 miles: Worked all day then hung out with Mom and Carrie on the deck for a bit. Went to Teller's for dinner then to the Madison Theater in Covington, KY to see The Head and the Heart perform. My mom may have a new favorite band!

Totals:
Miles: 21 running, 9 miles hiking
Time: 2:28:30 (running miles)
-After the second run on Thursday my knee was hurting pretty bad. Since my mom is in town for a week I will probably just take off from running to spend as much time with her as possible and to hopefully heal up this knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment